Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday Great Grandma!!

So instead of apologizing for such a late update like I always do, lets just get on with this. Last Saturday my great grandmother, Lydia, turned 100!! What a life! Her children threw her a party at the nursing home where she lives and it was such an honor to be there celebrating that day with her. I was so excited to see some family members that I haven't seen in years, and introduce Dan to all of them. 
My mother is going to kill me for posting this because her eyes are closed, but its the only pic I have of all of us with my Great Grandma. She looks great for 100, right? 
100 yellow roses for her 100th birthday! (yellow roses are her favorite) So beautiful!
It was a wonderful celebration and again I am so honored to have shared that day with her. 


So, changing the topic. I have been very busy with crocheting and learning new patterns. I AM IN LOVE WITH CROCHETING!! For the past few days I have been working on orders for some family members. My great-aunt and my cousins ordered hats and purses from me, so I have been crocheting away. 
My "Granny Squares" tote bag

The purses I made for my mother-in-law and my mother for Christmas

Jordan's Taylorsville purse

Flower hats for my mother, Jordan and Liz.

Crocheting is my newest passion, and I absolutely cant get enough! 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic of your great grandmas party!! I didnt know you could crochet. You will have to show me how the next time you are out. I have seen SO many super cute things on Pinterest that I would just love to be able to crochet. Love your purses and hats, way to go creative girl :)
    Hugs Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stace! I would love you teach you! It's super addicting! Pinterest definitely has some cute ideas!! Love you!!!
    LOve, Haley :)

    ReplyDelete